Labor Relations Services
The AFL-CIO Investment Trust Corporation offers developers and contractors special labor relations services that help them successfully meet the union labor requirements for BIT-financed projects. The knowledgeable labor relations staff of the ITC works closely with developers and contractors to foster partnerships with local labor organizations and ensure a harmonious and economically sound venture. The labor relations staff is also available to:
- Assist in identification of qualified general contractors or construction managers;
- Provide in-depth assistance on labor relations issues by working with local Building and Construction Trades Councils and union representatives;
- Evaluate cost considerations in order to structure projects within budget;
- Access union-sponsored apprenticeship training, as well as assist more experienced workers with skill enhancement; and
- Facilitate compliance with local regulations regarding hiring requirements by working closely with contractor and unions.